Wednesday, March 25, 2009

At least I wasn't driving.

Forgive me if I fall asleep while I'm typing this. I don't mean to be rude, really. I just had a busy night. Work is getting crazy since it's time to start hiring Easter bunnies.

I went to a new (to me, not new in general) Asian market on Monday. I took lots of photos or lots of weird stuff. I will post all about this In The Kitchen tomorrow, so stay tuned. To get to said Asian market, I had to take the Number 7. The Number 7 bus goes by the Hood, rather than through it, but still there are some real characters who ride that bus. I'm happy to report that not much happened that was news worthy. If by not much you mean:

-the woman breast feeding in front of God and everyone (only my closest female friends, and now everyone with a computer and an internet connection, know that breast feeding freaks me out...it's totally irrational, I know)

-the woman carrying several broken down cardboard boxes

-the three guys with backpacks and sleeping bags who looked (and smelled) like they could use a shower with lots of soap

-the eight year old who was alone and had his bike with him (he was too little to put it on the rack, the driver had to do it for him)

-the man holding the 3 year old girl who was rocking back and forth shouting "MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA" trying to get his attention while he talked to a passenger

-and the two men and one woman who screamed at the bus driver that she best stop the bus so they could get off

then no. Not much happened.

Tune in tomorrow for pictures of "food" and a review of the Asian market In The Kitchen.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This is why the bus scares me!

FoxyMoron said...

Nope, sounds totally uneventful. Sorry I am laughing at your irrational fear of breastfeeding.

Linda said...

Breastfeeding scares me too! It's one of the million reasons I can't get pregnant. The whole pregnancy baby thing wiggs me out!

Kathy B! said...

I have to say that the bus intimidates me as well... I got mugged on the BART train in San Fran (actually in the area outside the station) and I haven't been as enthusiastic about public transportation since...

Can't wait to see the pics and stuff tomorrow!

Shoshanah Marohn said...

I breast fed Zelma for a year! That is so funny. You would hate it here. Everyone breast feeds in public.