Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh, the places you'll go!

It was brought to my attention that there are those amongst you who might like to take a City Kitty to get around Raleigh but don't know how. Well, dear readers, let me help you. We here at Chez Meg On The Bus feel public transportation should be accessible to everyone! Ride without fear my friends! Over the next few days I will be bringing you my sage guidance and sound advice on getting around not only Raleigh, but the Triangle with ease!

DID YOU KNOW....

you can take your bike with you?

you can get to Crabtree Mall, North Hills Mall and Southpoint Mall by bus?

the City Kitty runs on Sundays?

you can buy a day pass for Raleigh or the Triangle?

Yes, peeps. You can do all of that and more, without driving! I freely admit to having a long standing love affair with public transportation. Perhaps it stems from my long standing desire to feel like I live in a "real" city. I used to take the bus to Crabtree to do Christmas shopping. Parking there is such a nightmare after Turkey Day, so I'd take the bus. I didn't have to worry about where to park or where I left my car! While I was in school, I didn't have a parking sticker for campus and got sick of all of those parking tickets. When I lived to far to walk, I'd take the bus.

I will arm you with the resources you need to ride stress-free. I am fairly certain that all of my friends in Raleigh live within a few blocks or so of a bus line. Unless you tell me otherwise, I will go with that assumption.

Tune in tomorrow for Lesson One: Moore Square Transit Station! See you then!

No comments: