Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blog post, untitled

I had to catch the bus on Miami Boulevard today. It was windy and rainy today. I was wearing a button up shirt that was a little fitted and a little flared at the bottom, you know the typical woman's dress shirt. As I was standing at the bus stop, a gust of wind started to blow the bottom of my shirt up. I caught it just in time, right as an 18 wheeler truck went speeding by and honked at me. Yes, yes, I am *that* hot.

Tonight, I had to do laundry. As in, if I don't do laundry tonight, I go to work naked tomorrow. I washed everything I have tonight, except the yoga pants, t-shirt and undies I am currently wearing. I mean everything. All five jeans, all of my black t-shirts...every last one of them people!...ever-ree-thing-uh. And I am pleased to say I got it all in in three loads. I rewarded myself with a lime popsicle (from mi novio on the bike). Of course, every surface in my apartment, both vertical and horizontal, is now covered with clothing in varying degrees of dampness. In the course of doing laundry, I found a golf tee bouncing around in the dryer with my load of undies and pajamas and one freshly bleached and laundered pair of men's Hanes tightey whities hanging on the drying rack. Oh the joys of shared laundry facilities.

I have made the decision to not go anywhere for Labor Day. I am actually going to stay home for three days in a row. What a novel concept.

Cross Eyed Mary fell asleep on the bus tonight. It was the funniest thing. Passengers usually pass out. Some peoples' heads roll back and hit the handle thingy on the seat and sit bolt upright. Others' heads loll to the side. Pretty much what you'd see on an airplane, right? Not her. She was sitting perfectly still and upright, with her eyes closed. She was holding her left hand up, in a fist, like she was giving blood. She sat in that position for a while and finally opened her eyes, blinked a few times and looked around, like she had been sleeping.

No comments: