Monday, August 4, 2008

Mother Nature hates me.

I mentioned in my previous post that I was smacked in the kisser by a sycamore branch on my way to work on Saturday. On my way home from the grocery store on Sunday I had another run in with nature.

I took the Number 4 to Whole Foods. I stopped in the Rite Aid and Quail Ridge Books also since they are in the same shopping center. I finished my errands with about 20 minutes to spare so I crossed Wade Ave to the bus stop with the benches and sat down. I had a bag on wheels (yes, I know it makes me look crazy, but $100 of groceries from WFM is still heavy!) and a bag over my shoulder. I saw the bus coming and walked over to the side of the road. The bus pulled up and the doors opened, I hiked up the bag over my shoulder. Just as I did that, I felt a very sharp pain in my elbow just as something flew away. I knew right away I had been stung by a bee.

I have a number of crazy allergies, including penicillin, amoxicillin, a couple other antibiotics, and possibly vinyl. My coworker, Ty, was telling me the other day about getting stung by a bee on his deck. This crazy bee kept following him. Ty would go inside thinking in vain the bee would buzz off (Ha! Couldn't resist. Sorry.). Each time Ty went back out to tend to the grill, Buzzy was waiting. Finally, the last time Ty goes out, Buzzy makes a bee line (You knew that was coming.) for Ty's ear and stings him. His ear! Yowzers!

I've never been stung by a bee and didn't know if I was allergic or not. Good news. I didn't die. By the time I got home, my elbow was totally swollen and red. It hurts like hell. Another coworker thinks I might have an allergy. My elbow was still red and swollen today. It itches like crazy. I don't think I want to get stung by a bee again. Ever.

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the week indoors before I get carried off by crows or something.

No comments: