Friday, December 5, 2008

Business in the front, party in the back.

There's a guy I've seen around the TTA bus platforms in the mornings. He gets on the 105 to Raleigh which brings me to RTP. He's Asian, I think, a little short (for a dude) and stocky. He always wears jeans, a black t-shirt (man after my own heart) usually with some metal band on it, and a jacket. In the warmer months, he'll wear a denim jacket, thus completing the look I like to call "The Canadian Tuxedo." In the cooler months, he wears a black leather jacket. I've saved the best for last. His hair? He's got a mullet. Really. His hair is straight and black, short in the front, long in the back. It sticks up a bit on top. It is truly a respectable rocker mullet from 1987. There's something about this guy, whom I'll now refer to as Hulio, that's oddly appealing.

As I've said before, the TTA changed their bus routes recently and my second bus in the morning makes a few extra stops. Imagine my surprise when this morning, when we pull up to the IBM 500 building to find Hulio waiting to get on the bus. It appears he works overnight for IBM. Perhaps I shall be seeing more of Hulio in the near future. Hear me now, believe me later. If he shows up wearing a Dokken t-shirt, I'm going to propose to him. (Don't judge! What do you expect from a girl with 24 imaginary cats?)


(Perhaps my fellow Laugh-A-Lot and Get High School alumni might remember Hulio. Those who do, should know that I am using this reference, or nod if you will, with all the love in the world.)

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Mullets make the world a happier place.

FoxyMoron said...

But he's Asian. Hulio? Okay I'm Australian but I just don't get it.

Love your description of him, especially the mullet. Who decided this wasn't a cool haircut anyway?

Anonymous said...

Yep - mullets are pretty popular in Sweden too!

Meg said...

I went to high school with a dude named Hulio. He has a very similar wicked sweet mullet.

What can I say? I love people who let their freak flag fly.

? said...

ha ha..this is cute! You are a big girl but I would like to suggest that you take your steps carefully :)

Hopefully we should get to your bit soon...haven't forgotten about you and the twin sister

Have a great weekend...

ps: its the y river...just had a name change thats all

Meg said...

Okay, maybe I was kidding about the marriage proposal. Mostly. But Dokken is pretty awesome.

Shoshanah Marohn said...

Freak flags rock.

Zelma had a mullet, naturally, for the first six months of her life. I now have a new respect for mullets.

Meg said...

Come to think of it...I also had a natural mullet until I was, like, three.