It has come to my attention that there are a lot of people who read this blog, most of whom lurk. That's cool though, cuz there's nothing hotter than an eStalker. I know you are all dying to know "who is Meg On The Bus? What makes her tick? Her blog is so riveting, certainly she is just as interesting."
Here's the four one one on Ol' Meg.
1. I grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Williamsburg, Virginia (yes, the Colonial Capital. No, I didn't live under the Big Bad Wolf.)
2. I love infomercials. I get completely sucked in and must buy whatever they are hawking. I usually don't buy anything but my four favorite words are "as seen on TV." My dream job is to be a QVC host.
3. I speak Spanish fluently, French mostly fluently, and enough Italian to get around in a kitchen. I know a few phrases in Japanese that make me a polite dinner guest. I occasionally dream in Spanish and French.
4. I have a BA in Spanish Literature. If I had known how useless my degree would be, I'd have studied philosophy instead.
5. I have read every Sherlock Holmes story written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I love them all.
6. I love old movies, particularly Film Noir. My favorite studio is RKO Radio Pictures, my favorite directors are Billy Wilder and Alfred Hitchcock. I have been getting into silent films recently.
7. I am teaching myself to fiddle. I still suck, but I'm getting better.
8. I have a skull and crossbones tattooed on my right arm. I got it six years ago.
9. My favorites bands are T Rex, Yo La Tengo, and Led Zeppelin.
10. My deep, dark secret is that I love the Grateful Dead and saw them several times in the early 90s. There. I said it. I'm out.
11. I knit left handed even though I am right handed.
12. The only crafty hobby I can't do is basket-weaving. It pisses me off to no end.
13. I am a very strong swimmer. When I was swimming regularly (I know, I know), I could swim a mile in 40 minutes.
14. I have one brother who lives in California. I have a half-brother and half-sister that I haven't seen in sixteen years. I believe they live in Pittsburgh. (It's complicated.) I miss them all.
15. I love to bake. I am an excellent bread baker.
16. My goal for 2009 is to finally get through Rage Against The Machine's Recommended Reading List.
17. I prefer to live in old apartments. Since moving out of my parents house, I have only lived in one "new" apartment building. The beige carpet and white walls made me crazy. Other than that, all of my apartment buildings were built before my parents were born. I love the huge windows, hardwood floors, art deco architecture and radiators. I have to sacrifice a dishwasher and large kitchen, but it's worth it.
18. My favorite color is red.
19. My family's nickname for me is Lizzie.
20. I collect antique cameras, cheesy plastic snowglobes and Matryoshka. I have two friends who decided long ago that I should collect Hello Kitty and Elvis stuff. Most of the Hello Kitty and Elvis stuff I have, I recieved from them.
I can't believe so many people are actually reading this schlock. Feel free to delurk, leave a comment and say hi. (Or Hola. Or Bon jour. Or Ciao.) I'm happy you're here!
It's past my bedtime, so if you'll excuse me....