Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hey, baby, we've all been there.

I had a surprise visit from my brother yesterday. It was a great way to end a craptacular week. We had dinner at Zely and Ritz. They are a local restaurant that partners with Coon Rock Farms in Hillsborough. It was great. We sat at the bar and talked to the staff. We had a ton of food and a couple good cocktails. The service was great. I'm going to have to go back very soon. We stopped by three other places before heading home by rickshaw. I'll leave out the part about dropping my hotdog mustard side down on my arm and skirt on the ride home.

I did my good deed for the night. I had to use the loo as soon as we got into the Times bar. In the stall next to me was a girl, on the floor, crossed legs, facing the wrong way, if you know what I mean. I knocked on the door and asked her if she was okay. She could barely answer yes. I asked her if she wanted me to get anyone for her. She said no. Seriously, where are her friends in a time like this? I left the bathroom and the waitress was talking to my brother. I asked her for a bitters and soda. She started to ask my brother what he wanted and I said we'd order in a minute and can I just get that now. Both of them were looking at me like I lost my mind. She walked away and I told my brother about the puking girl. When she came back with the drink, the girl was coming out of the bathroom. I gave it to her, told her what it was and that it would make her feel better. She started to drink it and stumbled off. Later the waitress asked me if I got it for someone else. When I said I did, she told me the girl drank it all and that she did feel better. I do have to say, if you have to be sick in a bar, make it the Times. Their bathrooms are freakishly clean for a place so packed.

He left this morning to head to California. He's on his was to Chicago right now, via Memphis, I think. He's taking the scenic way across the country. It also helps that he's got places to stay in Chicago and Jackson Hole, too. If you see him on the road, be sure to say hi!

The crepe myrtles around the church are beginning to bloom. What flowers there are at the moment may not last the thunderstorm that just rolled in.

No comments: