Friday, June 20, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night...

I left work a little late today so I got to ride with Sam. He was telling me that I-40 was shut down because Bush was in town and that if I took the 105, it would take forever and a day to get home. He was going over different routes with me and suggested I could take the 201 to North Raleigh then take City Kitty Number 1 home. For all of you playing along at home, the 201 is Bob's bus. Creepy Bob.I asked Sam if he would be on the bus. He confirmed that would not be. He then confirmed that he is also creeped out by Bob. We continued to talk about him. Sam told me he knows people who work for the EPA who ride the bus who have told him that Bob also works for the EPA. What does he do for the EPA, you ask? Let me tell you. He performs autopsies. On rats. *shudder* Sam even made the joke that Bob is probably carrying around dead rats in his tote bags. *double shudder* What terrifies me even more is that means he's actually educated. Well educated. Suddenly being a mad scientist doesn't seem so cool any more.

The president was in town today. He was helping Pat McCrory, our Republican gubernatorial candidate. The head line on wral.com was "McCrory campaign banking on unpopular president." I can guarantee that he is way more unpopular this evening after shutting down rush hour traffic in RTP today. I don't mean traffic was slow, detoured, etc. I mean, everyone had to stop. Period. On the way home, one intersection is under construction. It's the intersection of Davis and 54. It's one of the most important intersections in the park. It leads to IBM, Nortell, Fidelity, and the TTA Transfer Center, to name a few. Traffic was being directed by a guy who looked like Wilford Brimley and that on his best day couldn't earn a GED. We sat in that intersection for 10 minutes. We finally get going and I-40 is at a standstill. The westbound side was empty. About dozen cops on bikes went flying by and then came the presidential motorcade. Two limos with flags, two ambulances, and twenty state troopers. I knew I shouldn't have left my TEC-9 at home, yo. I can understand that bedlam would ensue if that self-serving, misogynistic, megalomaniacal bigot were tragically off-ed this afternoon, but does Raleigh, Durham, Morrisville, Cary and Research Triangle Park need to stop what they are doing so he can come and go from the airport? I'd even be so bold as to suggest that a half a million people were standing around this evening so he could get to the airport. You know, I have to go to the airport on Wednesday around the same time. I wonder if I could get the same kind of love?

If you need me, I'll be in the woods typing my manifesto.

The sweet, young girl who works at the Armadillo complimented me on my new hairdo this evening. I want to keep it a surprise for my Cali homies, but I will say this...

Math is hard. Let's go shopping.

No comments: