Thursday, June 5, 2008

We be jammin'.

Oh, I almost forgot...

I bought blueberries and peaches from the Farmer's Market. I ended up buying enough to make just a batch of blueberry jam. I ran out of jars to make another batch of jam. I am turning the peaches and a couple apricots into sorbet. I added honey, a little corn syrup and sugar to the cut up fruit, cooked it, and whizzed it up with the stick blender. It's cooling in the fridge and will be frozen tonight. The fruit wasn't very sweet, so I added some honey for flavor and sugar to sweeten it. I like to add corn syrup to sorbets to keep them a bit soft. I find they freeze solid otherwise because of all of the water. I didn't add too much of any of the sweeteners, so it's still not super sweet. The honey was a good idea. This weekend I will go back for more peaches and blueberries for jam.

No comments: