Sunday, June 1, 2008

Today's Forecast: Hot with a 90% chance of sweaty.

Sad to say, Summer has arrived in NC. It's going to be around 90 this weekend, humid, and generally unpleasant. Later this week, it's going to be around 95. I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday. I bought blueberries and peaches from this really cool kid. What can I say...he drove a hard bargain. I'm making peach and blueberry jam today. Should be tasty. I love smoothies with peaches and blueberries together, so it should work together as a jam. The strawberries were very tasty, but I still have 11,000 jars of strawberry jam left over from last summer.

I took the bus to the Farmer's Market yesterday. It was a major pain in the ass. I need to figure out how to get there on my bike. My only concern is that there are a lot of big hills between me and the Farmer's Market.

1 comment:

Amber P. said...

Blueberry-peach jam sounds absolutely heavenly! I'm so intrigued. I may have to make some myself.