Saturday, March 15, 2008

That's what I get for trying to add more vegetables to my diet.

I tried to go to the Farmer's Market this morning. I went to the Go Triangle website, punched in where I was and where I wanted to go, and was told catch the No. 6 Crabtree at the corner of Glenwood and Morgan. I went down there, a couple blocks away and waited. And waited. And waited. The No.2 went by three times. But no six. I finally gave up and began walking downtown to More Square. I went to the lady in the booth to tell her what happened. As I started telling her, she shoves a schedule at me, interrupts me and tells me to check the schedule. I start my story again. Again she tells me to check the schedule. Luckily, there was a guy in the booth with her who was listening to me. Because clearly, she wasn't. The bus didn't show up. I don't need to read the schedule to know the bus didn't come. Crazy lady.

So, I ended up catching a bus home. I never made it to the Farmer's Market. I'll try again next Saturday. I'm really jonesing for some fresh beets.

No comments: