Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bear left. Right frog.

Today was an emotional rollercoaster. This weekend and all week long, we were very worried about a friend. We've been unable to locate him. This morning, it weighed heavily on my mind.

Around 10:30 this morning, Kim from Facilities comes up to me and says she needs to talk to me about something. Our DHL driver was asking her about me. I've never seen him, but he apparently thinks I'm the bees knees. Alright, that made me giggle. It's been a loooong time since I was pursued. Historically, I date assholes. She told me he was a really nice guy and I should stop by around 4:30 when he comes to pick up our packages.

Around three, we had a not so quick departmental meeting. We've had two temps in our office to get us through Christmas, Easter and Theme Park seasons. Tameka just started a month or two ago. I heart Tameka. She's smart, funny and organized. She works hard and I like that. We also have Clarissa. She started before Thanksgiving. She is lazy, dim-witted, unorganized and completely unprofessional. She wears so much perfume that you can smell it...literally...twenty feet away. One day Clarissa was being, well, Clarissa. Tameka walks into my office and says, "how do you just not go off on her on a regular basis?" Nuff said. We had to let go of one temp because we just don't need both of them. Three guesses who we kept. Fuck. I just can't believe it. In the middle of our meeting, Clarissa declares, "I gots to go," and gets up to leave. My boss stopped her. Clearly, she was the better choice.

The day got infinitely better at 4:30. I went down to the mail room. Kim tells me to quickly go down the hallway, turn around and come back because DHL Boy will be coming in the door at the end of the hall. This was so sixth grade, but so worth it. DHL Boy is hot. Shaved head. Good. Beard. Good. Hispanic. Good. Physically speaking, which is about all I have to go on at the moment, he's spot on. As I was walking down the hall trying to look as non-chalant as possible, he says hello to me. "Hi, how's it going," says I. He goes into Kim's office, they talk business, he walks out. I ran in and we giggled. She then asks me if I want his phone number. I happened to have a Moo card on me, and she passed it on. I left work a few minutes later and he drove past the bus stop and waived. About three minutes later, he called. To tell me that I looked nice today and to see if it was okay if he called me later tonight. We just talked a few minutes ago. I have high hopes for DHL Boy.

The best part of my day is that my friend has been located, safe and sound. A little worse for the wear, but okay.

I also made a small change here at Chez Megonthebus. I changed my tags. I realized that there are times when it's been weeks between posts about my constantly rotating cast of characters, so the tags relate to the characters I post about.

And finally, I'm watching The Muppet Movie. Mel Brooks just got his ass kicked by Miss Piggy. I love that scene.

No comments: