Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night

I left work a few minutes early today. I was able to take an earlier bus home. On this particular bus, there is a gaggle of women who sit up front and socialize. At least one, if not more, is guaranteed to be wearing way too much of a flowery perfume. Since strong smells, particularly perfumes, set off migraines for me, I sit in the back. I found an empty seat in front of these two construction worker looking dudes. When I sat down, they were comparing cell phones, ringtones and cost of said phones. Within two minutes, it became very obvious that the guy behind me was wasted. He smelled like the cologne of...well, Springfield, Mass? It was a mixture of BO, stale Kool cigarettes and Colt 45. I thought I was going to gag. About five minutes into the trip home and after changing seats four times, his friend passed out. My man, however, was still behind me. He announced at one point that he had to open the window because he needed some air. My first thought was naturally that he was going to puke. This did not happen. He announced later that he had to get off the bus because he had to pee. He then bitched about having to sit in traffic. He answered the phone with a loud, resounding, "mothah fuckaaaaaaaaaah!" He announced as I was getting off the bus that he had to go because he was about to pee on the bus. In short, he's a real winner. What baffles me is that there is literally no place around the transfer center to drink. Was he brown baggin' it on the platform?

Before I forget...happy tax day everyone. Don't forget to file today to get your economic stimulus something or other. Since I have been procrastinating on ponying up the $131 I owe the feds, I decided to stop by Snoopy's for some dinner. I walked up to the window and the really sweet manager guy says to me, "Well hey there darlin'. I haven't seen you in a few days." I think I need to lay off the Snoopy's. In my defense, the chicken salad sandwiches are that good! The fries are always hot and the tea is nice and sweet. The people who work there are super friendly and fast. Oh, and it's two blocks from my apartment. It doesn't get any better!

I had my EFO (employee feedback opportunity) today. I got a very good review from my boss. And a raise! Yay me!

Off to begrudgingly finish my taxes.

No comments: