Monday, May 5, 2008

Hey everybody, this way!

I am home again today. I made it halfway to the bus stop this morning and felt like I needed to lay down. So I turned around and came home. I woke up around 1:30 and walked down to Snoopy's for a chicken salad sandwich. While I was there, I was passed by two cars and a truck decked out in Hillary For President signs driving around and honking. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of Hillary. I really hope she wins. I've always liked her. It just seems supremely hypocritical for this type of campaigning to be acceptable. Hillary has a very definite stance on the environment and what she's willing to do to change it. I don't think Hillary knows about it. I'm sure it's six volunteers run amok. I called her campaign headquarters to say something about this. A switchboard operator told me everyone was too busy to talk to me and that I needed to go on line. (Sorry, lady, I don't need to do anything!) My only recourse at that point was to go to her main website and submit comments. I must admit I am a little put off by all this.

Here's what I said.

"I live in Raleigh, NC. Our election is tomorrow. I understand that Mrs. Clinton has strong ideas about the environment, including ending carbon emissions and fuel dependence. I am in support of Mrs Clinton and sincerely hope she is our next president. What concerns me is that her Raleigh, NC camp feels an appropriate way of campaigning is to decorate cars and drive around downtown honking their horns. Not only are these people contributing to the noise pollution, but also to the air pollution. When I looked up how to volunteer for Mrs Clinton, I did not see driving and honking as one way to support her campaign. In a conservative state such as North Carolina, she will have to be very careful with how she presents herself. We still have a very large farming community who feels her place is at home, taking care of her husband. These actions witnessed today appear very hypocritical.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves."

No comments: