Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Meg On The Bus, the Vermont Edition

It has been brought to my attention that my readership now extends to the Great White North. That said, I'd like to give a shout-out to my homies at NECI. (Mod Sixx-keepin' it real! Hey!) Since I am visiting their turf, I feel I would be seriously remiss if I did not show the CCTA some love. And that's just what I did.

I went from Essex Junction to Burlington. The ride was about 30 minutes total. There was a young, country girl who had a little retail therapy at the Big Lots this morning. She had never been on the No. 2 Essex Junction before. The whole way to Burlington, she complained it was the longest bus ride ever. On the return trip, an elderly gentleman sat behind me and tried to talk to me. First he wanted to know if he was on the right bus. Then he wanted to know if I took said bus often. Then he wanted to know how I was. Lisa, a bus driver, radioed in that she was having an issue with which she needed assistance. She didn't think it was a police matter, but just kid-stuff. Rough crowd, these Burlingtonians. There were a number of cutie college boys on the bus today, but I had to remind myself they were born while I was in Algebra II. I think my best part about the CCTA is the drivers. They all looked like they got dressed in the REI store this morning, they all had giant walrusy moustaches, and they all looked like they might be more comfortable on a Harley than behind the wheel of a city bus.

Stay tuned y'all for the next installment of Meg On The Bus: The International Edition, Live From Montreal.

No comments: