Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You know, it's like the VA, but for cows.

I almost forgot to report on something I overheard on the TTA dispatch radio a couple weeks ago.

Dispatcher asks 105 Driver for her 1020 (location to all y'all not clued in). (Remember the 105 goes from Raleigh to RTP.)

Driver calls back and says she's in front of the veterans school on Hillsborough Street.

Dispatcher calls back asks another questions, etc.

Veterans school on Hillsborough Street? I've lived on or near Hillsborough Street for the better part of 15 years and I'm not aware of any veterans school. And then it hits me. She was talking about the North Carolina State University School of Veterinary Medicine. You know, that little yet world famous school where they train up animal doctors? That place that diagnosed and treated my cat for cancer last year in the same way they would have treated a human? Yeah, that veterans school. Apparently they also treat cows who have served their country.

No comments: