Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Meg Love, MD

Lester was all thrilled with the matzo ball soup. It is rumored he refused to share. He's taken to calling me Dr. Love.

I hit the Fresh Market again on my way home. All I really needed to get was toilet paper. Fifty three dollars later, I have what I came for plus a very heavy bag. Allow me to share with you the highlights.

A wee cappuccino mousse before:


A wee cappuccino mousse after:


Dare I say this was better than the last?

Look what else I got! Squirrel food!


A mix of dried cherries, dried cranberries, pistachios, pecans and cashews. Holy cow! It's so good, it was all I could do to not power through the bag at the bus stop! I am making a concerted effort to eat better. I've taken stock of my diet over the past few days. I am alarmed at the stunning lack of vegetables in my vegetarian diet. I gotta do something about this, yo. I am making an attempt to eat super healthy this week. I got yogurt, granola and strawberries for breakfast. The fruit and nuts for a snack, string cheese, I grilled off veggies to go with Isreali cous cous. I know, right? Who am I and what have I done with me?

The best thing about the Fresh Market...the guy who works at the pastry counter. He remembered me. He asked me how the bus was. Eeep! He's trying to ride his bike everywhere. And he's cute!

Alright, peeps. As evidenced by the fact that the dishes are still in the sink, they aren't going to wash themselves. Have a good night.

2 comments:

CailinMarie said...

Hey ya girl! I love, love, love your comment on the teacher thing *grin* wouldn't they all be excited to know that you so strongly defended them!
Anyway - like I said - it'll get you boiling one way or the other :-)

Squirrel food looks luscious! I love nut/fruit combos but one of my sons has a nut allergy and we eat them rarely around here. *sigh*

I don't think I could ever be vegetarian. Not so much the food as having to prepare it... if I had a chef...

Meg said...

nut allergies are a bummer! you have to be so careful about everything!