Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity

I have a sensitive nose. I know I do. I can always smell the cookies baking in the office before anyone else. (Did I mention that the secretaries bake us cookies once a month? They do. Good cookies too.) Funky smells, perfumes, etc. That said, I am waiting at the bus stop this morning and I think I smell...bacon. And eggs. And pancakes. Not in the I'm-hungry-and-craving-something-and-I-can-taste-and-smell-it kind of way. I could actually smell it. There is an IHOP two blocks from my bus stop. I could actually smell it. Guess what I had for dinner?

Mmmm...fruit stuffed crepes.




Pay no attention to the cured pork products on my plate. Seriously, I think it's a North Carolina state statute or something. I'm legally required to have at least two pork products on my breakfast plate at all times. (For those of you that don't know, NC's three main "exports" are tobacco, watermelon and pig. Seriously.)

On my way home from work, there was a guy in the back of the bus, talking at another guy. You know that guy. He talks way too loud and shares his theories and everything he knows with anyone who doesn't run away. Here's what I learned from him:

1. He was in the Navy.
2. The Navy frequently stops in the Philippines so the sailors can get laid and drunk.
3. He knows everything about Japan after living on a military base there for four months.
4. Japanese people are only concerned with not embarrassing themselves.
5. Japan has a city called Key-oh-ta.
6. He has a DUI.

I also learned today that the vending machine in my office has Livermush sandwiches. Sometimes it's hard to believe that I live in a state capitol.

2 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

You can get sandwiches from a vending machine?

Anonymous said...

LOL! There is always someone willing to let the whole compartment know their opinions... no matter where you are in the world!