Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yeah, just put that anywhere.

On the way home tonight, there was a couple sitting in the sideways seats across from the backdoor. Clearly one of them had just arrived by plane, but I am not sure which. She was holding a cheezy gas station rose, which I am sure smelt of hotdogs, and she looked like she hadn't bothered to fix herself up. Believe me, nobody understands better than I the tragedy that is "Plane Hair," but c'mon sweetie. Then again, they were all over each other like 10th graders, so maybe it wasn't necessary. But still, he was all dolled up.

Between the two of them, they had a fairly large suitcase. At some point during the make out session, the suitcase gets away from them and falls and hits the backdoors. And breaks the glass in the door. As in, the back of the bus is suddenly a bit more breezy then before. Funquita is driving, so naturally, she doesn't notice. How she didn't, I can't fathom. It made a loud cracking noise. The dude picks up the suitcase and begins making out with the frump again, like nothing happened. Everyone else was just too flabbergasted to do or say anything.

Seriously, peoples, I can't make this stuff up. I occasionally hear, "oh you write about the most clever stuff," or some such nonsense. I swear I don't. I am only reporting on what I see. Truth truly is stranger than fiction. Now get out there and ride the bus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post!

Guess that the bus driver has seen weirder than this, which is how she managed to ignore it?

Meg said...

Fi-

Sadly, she is just clueless. While many of us on her bus have seen crazy stuff, alas, she has not. You ring for a bus stop, she keeps going. You have to yell at her to stop. The dispatchers call her on the radio, she ignores them. Buses have schedules, right? Not hers! She gets into the Transfer Center (main depot) and goes in a 10 or 15 minute break. She's got a major attitude. I've actually stopped taking her bus. I take the next one and get home faster! I had to hit the art supply store yesterday before class, so I had to take the chance she'd get me there around 6:15, otherwise I would have waited.

Being an HR Lady, I am floored she still has a job.